Shop By Country
These 6 Tricks Will Seriously Up Your Makeup Game
Spring is on the way and the weather is warming up. All of which is great for our happiness but not so good for our make-up. If you want yours to stay put, the message from the pros is simple: you need to invest in pre and post application heroes to swerve any melty make-up dramas.Get more from your make-up with these products and tips…
1. Use PrimerThink of primer as a barrier for your face. It seals in moisture, so your skin is constantly hydrated throughout the day; it also provides a smooth surface for make-up and stops it from being absorbed, so you don’t get clogged pores. Win-win. Try: Benefit Porefessional Pearl Primer
2. Build It UpAllow a few minutes before applying the next layer of make-up, so that it can set and hold onto the next layer. For example, start with a primer and allow it to settle before applying your foundation. Then, let your foundation set, before applying your bronzer. Let your bronzer settle and then apply your blush. Always remember to let your skincare products sink in for at least ten minutes before applying your make-up. 3. Get SetA setting spray does exactly what it says on the tin – it sets everything in place, a bit like hairspray. But it has other benefits, too: it preps skin before make-up much like a hydrating mist and it gives your daytime make-up a second wind for when you hit the bar for evening drinks.
Try: Iconic London Prep Set Glow
4. Sweep On HighlighterWe all know that highlighter can take even the most tired complexion to new glowy heights, but knowing exactly where to put it can sometimes be tricky. We’re often told to apply it to the high points of our face – the cheekbones and the bridge of our nose. But Nikki DeRoest, bareMinerals Global Makeup Artist, also recommends popping highlighter on the sides of your nostrils (‘selfies tend to be taken side-on’), and just south of your under eye. ‘I like to go pretty far under the eyes, because I really like to reflect the light under the eyes. It’s really brightening,’ she says. Try: bareMinerals BarePro Glow Highlighter
5. Fake fuller lipsAccording to DeRoest there’s a simple trick to fake full, voluptuous lips.No matter what colour lipstick you plan to apply, grab a nude lip liner that’s a slightly darker than your skin tone. Use it to trace your natural lip line, but overline it ever so slightly at the corners of your mouth. This will give the illusion that you’ve got a perfect pillowy pout. Try: Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Lip Pencil in Tawny
6. Fill your browsBrows frame the eyes so whatever effort you put into the rest of your eye make-up look, make sure you keep them groomed. Whether you prefer a pencil or felt tip, ‘start by filling in the tails on the outer corners, then brush in the same direction using a spoolie as you go,’ says DeRoest. Try: Lord & Berry Magic Brow Pencil
Max Limit Reached
You have reached your limit of 0 items. Please review your Favourites List to keep this item.
Sign in or Register an account to save these items permanently.
Please try again
Favourites currently unavailable
Add to Favourites
Remove from Favourites
This item has been added/removed from a user's Favourites List.
Not already logged in? Sign Out
Are you sure you want to navigate away from this site?
If you navigate away from this siteyou will lose your shopping bag and its contents.