FASHION INSPIRATION, TRENDS & ADVICE
WOMEN | MEN | CHILDREN | HOME | LABEL/MIX
Create the perfect pancakes
27 February 2019
Get yourself sorted this Pancake Day with our easy recipe and make your celebration look pretty with our styling suggestions.
Shrove Tuesday, also known as Pancake Day, falls on 5 March this year. What do you need in order to ace the day? Well, a foolproof pancake mix recipe is a good place to start, and you might want to consider picking up some stylish new tableware for the occasion, too.
To make 12 pancakes, you need
110g plain flour
200ml milk (you can use oat, soya or coconut milk, instead)
A pinch of salt
A sprinkling of sugar
Lemon zest or juice
A set of measuring cups
A set of scales
A bowl for mixing
A spoon, or spatula
A frying or crepe pan
A serving plate
1. Add the plain flour to your mixing bowl and crack both eggs into the middle of the flour. Begin mixing the eggs and the flour together with a spoon or spatula.
2. Next, start adding the 200ml of milk to the mixture. Mix well for 1-2 minutes until the mixture is lump-free.
3. At this stage, you can add the 75ml of water. But add this slowly, and be careful not to make the mixture too runny. Sprinkle both a pinch of salt and a pinch of sugar into the mixture. You’re now ready to start cooking.
4. Melt the butter in a hot pan, and then add a small quantity of mixture into the centre, until it spreads to the edge.
5. Repeat until your mixture is used up, and flip your pancakes regularly to avoid any burning.
6. Lastly, enjoy mixing and matching different toppings such as classic lemon and sugar, or hazelnut chocolate spread and strawberries. Raspberries, blueberries, sliced oranges, lemon and lime all taste great with pancakes, too.
Pretty pastel colours are perfect for Pancake Day
Style your Pancake Day to look as pretty as possible with our pink and purple tableware suggestions. From measuring cups to pressed glass bowls – which are great for displaying your topping options – you can have your kitchen table looking chic and stylish with minimal effort.
Shop the look…
12 piece aurelia dinner set, £45
Set of 4 measuring cups, £15
Set of 2 pom pom placemats, £6
Set of 4 pressed glass cake plates, £14
Vintage floral oven glove, £8
Set of 4 pressed glass dessert dishes, £10
16 piece vintage cutlery set, £25
Zyliss 25cm crepe pan, £32
Set of 4 pressed high ball glasses, £18
Set of 4 aurelia mugs, £18
EXPLORE STYLE STORIES
Max Limit Reached
You have reached your limit of 0 items. Please review your Favourites List to keep this item.
Sign in or Register an account to save these items permanently.
Please try again
Favourites currently unavailable
Add to Favourites
Remove from Favourites
This item has been added/removed from a user's Favourites List.
Not already logged in? Sign Out
Are you sure you want to navigate away from this site?
If you navigate away from this siteyou will lose your shopping bag and its contents.