FASHION INSPIRATION, TRENDS & ADVICE
CHRISTMAS | WOMEN | MEN | CHILDREN | HOME | LABEL/MIX
21 November 2018
Black Friday’s biggest deals may be looming large, but if you’re looking to bag an early bargain (minus the crowds) then look no further than 2018’s most talked about brand: The Ordinary. With a solution for your every skincare dilemma, The Ordinary has shunned the one-size-fits-all approach to skincare, instead offering intelligent remedies that - bonus - won’t break the bank. Practically poreless skin, from just £5 what’s not to love. Here are Fabled by Marie Claire’s top 5 bestsellers:
1. AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution £6.50This 10-minute exfoliating facial combines 30% alpha hydroxy acids (glycolic/lactic/tartaric/citric) with 2% salicylic acid to improve skin’s radiance and texture. The formula also contains a soothing Tasmanian pepperberry (hence its dark berry hue) to make it tolerable by most skin types including sensitive. Apply onto clean, dry skin for 10 minutes just twice a week. Who is it for? If you’ve lost your skin’s ‘glow,’ this will retrieve it. It will also make your complexion look younger, brighter and fresher feeling.
2. The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% £5
The high concentration of niacinamide (vitamin B3) in this water based serum works wonders on balancing skin tone and blemishes, as well as brightening dull complexions. Adding zinc salt to the mix adds extra balancing benefits, and soothes and softens so, unlike most blemish treatments, skin isn’t left feeling dry. Apply morning and night before oils, moisturisers and creams. Who is it for? Oily and blemished complexions and acne-prone skin-types will adore its light, oil and silicone-free texture and soothing formula.
3. The Ordinary Buffet Multi-Technology Peptide Serum £13.00This clear liquid gel targets multiple signs of ageing at once – hence the ‘buffet’ moniker – with a handful of peptides, probiotics, and 11 skin-friendly amino acids (the stuff that firms and plumps skin texture). Apply after cleansing morning and evening and leave to dry before applying your moisturiser. Who is it for? If fine lines, pigmentation and dullness are your major skin spoilers, this will give transformative results fast but works in the longer term too.
4. The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 £6.00Hyaluronic acid attracts up to 1000 times its weight in water so you’ll often find it in your moisturiser. However, this formula combines low, medium and high molecular weight HA plus vitamin B5 (a major skin softener) for multi-level hydration that goes deeper than most. Apply a few drops morning and night before your skin cream. Who is it for? If you have super dry skin but don’t like the heavy feel of creamy moisturisers or oily formulas, this is for you.
5. The Ordinary Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG £6.00This light textured eye lotion contains a high concentration of caffeine (5%) as well as highly purified Epigallocatechin Gallatyl Glucoside – an ingredient derived from green tea leaves that’s otherwise known as ECGC. Dab a little onto your eye contours morning and night and massage in gently. Who is it for? Anyone concerned about puffiness around the eye area and dark circles – caffeine is renowned for its effects on both – and this has it in spades.
SHOP THE ORDINARY SHOP ALL BEAUTY
FASHION INSPIRATION, TRENDS AND ADVICE
Find your perfect red lipstick
It's time to shine
The AW18 trend report
The knitwear edit
This season's beauty trends
Ten rules for party season
What to pack for a winter getaway
The bag of the moment
What to wear now (and forever)
Max Limit Reached
You have reached your limit of 0 items. Please review your Favourites List to keep this item.
Sign in or Register an account to save these items permanently.
Please try again
Favourites currently unavailable
Add to Favourites
Remove from Favourites
This item has been added/removed from a user's Favourites List.
Not already logged in? Sign Out
Are you sure you want to navigate away from this site?
If you navigate away from this siteyou will lose your shopping bag and its contents.